My Teaching House

Bringing the World Closer

I started to search for teaching English opportunities in Israel, and I discovered that the Israel teacher's license is required. Does anyone know any schools that can accept the CELTA certificate? Thanks!

Views: 665

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm also interested in teaching in Israel, and I can't really help you since I don't know the answer to your question, but I wanted to thank you for sharing the info about the Israel teacher's license requirement. I've actually subscribed to the Jerusalem Post, hoping they'd have Want Ads, but it seems that they don't, so I can't even search for jobs that way. (Very nice people, though. They called me from Israel to get me to upgrade my subscription. lol. ) On the other hand, I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to go to Israel and get a teacher's license. How long could that take? One year? I also suspect that the demand for ESL teachers in Israel is not very great, unfortunately, but it would be a great place to go. Best of luck to you.

Thanks! I'm primarily looking for a teaching post in Jerusalem, Israel.

I talked to Nefesh B'Nefesh about it a little while ago, and got some pretty good ideas.

Let me know if they help


I suggest you look through the following information and resources in order to get a sense of the opportunities for teaching English in Israel:
· The English Teachers Network provides a forum for English teachers to collaborate and discuss issues and ideas related to their work. Here you will find job postings, lesson plans, and tools for networking within this field.
· English Language Schools in Israel:
Israel has many organizations and companies who hire teachers to teach English outside of the school system. Often these more informal settings require less certification and are less regulated than public schools operating under the Misrad HaChinuch. Here are some resources for these informal teaching opportunities:
There are opportunities to teach English outside of the public school system. Here is a list of companies and schools that offer courses in English to both children and adults. I suggest that you contact them directly to find out about available positions and job requirements.

· Wall Street: Here is a link to their job board. You can send your resume to:
· Berlitz: Here is a link to their job board and you can send your resume to:
· Top
· Yeda Plus:
· SET Seminars LTD:
· Ringler Institute:
· American School of English:
· Anglican School in Jerusalem:
· The American International School (Kfar Shmaryahu):
· Add-Vantage:
· SCORE! English Centers for Children:
Attention Oleh Teachers! If you are interested in working with Misrad Hachinuch be in touch with
Deborah Wiener of Morim Olim


© 2024   Created by My Teaching House.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service